Blocked drains are quite a common plumbing problem that many residential and commercial property owners have to deal with. It can be tough to tackle this issue without the services of a local plumber in Melbourne. WP Plumbing is a reputable and well established company that focuses on providing clients value for money. We can handle a variety of plumbing jobs, including blocked drains in Melbourne.
Blocked Drains are a Plumbing Emergency
While dealing with a drain blockage is frustrating, it also has the potential to cause a lot of damage to the different installations and elements on your property. A blocked drain is always a plumbing emergency. However, it is necessary to understand that this rarely occurs out of the blue, and there are always some signs that there might be a blockage building up in the drain pipe.
Most people tend to ignore the signs, which is why the problem gets out of control and results in a sewage backup. While many property owners try to clear minor blockages using a plunger, this handy tool is not useful in clearing more stubborn blockages. For the latter, you would need the services of a skilled and licensed Melbourne plumber.
They will use the latest equipment in their work, and make sure that the blockage is removed within the shortest possible time. Since they have CCTV drain cameras, they can pinpoint the exact location of the blockage and remove it quickly and efficiently.
Main Reasons Why Drains Become Blocked
While there are many different reasons why a drain blockage can arise, here we are looking at some of the most common ones:
- If you have large trees growing in your yard spaces, their roots can sometimes infiltrate underground drain pipes. These roots ultimately find their way through minute cracks in the pipeline and begin to grow inside as they find nourishment. Over some time, they form a net in which a lot of debris, food and other waste becomes caught. If you do not notice the blockage on time and clear it that can result in a major backup on your property.
- Sometimes, flushable baby wipes, toilet paper, feminine hygiene products etc. can become lodged inside the drain pipes, especially if there are bends and joints. If the dirt or debris gets obstructed at this point, it can result in a significant blockage.
- If the drain pipes on your property have installed using poor techniques or inferior quality materials, they may deteriorate sooner than later. Sometimes, the slope of the pipes may be incorrect, causing the blockage inside them. If there are too many joints and bends, these become the perfect spot for blockages to build up.
- Natural ground movements or excessive pressure from enormous tree roots under the ground in your yard can result in pipe collapses or damage obstructing the flow of water inside the drain pipes.
- If you find that the water from the drains in your home is not flowing out at the right place or if you find yourself using a plunger more often than necessary, you might have a potentially stubborn blockage somewhere down the drainpipe.
In such situations, we recommend that you call us without delay for Melbourne drain unlock services. For any more information about our plumbing services, please call WP Plumbing at this number (03) 9909 5128; we are available 24/7. You can also write to us through this Online Form.